The CompTIA A+ course will build upon students’ existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer software and hardware in order to present fundamental concepts and techniques that technicians will use every day on the job. Upon completing this course, students will gain the essential skills and technical expertise necessary to install, upgrade, configure, troubleshoot, optimize, repair and perform preventative maintenance on basic personal computer hardware and operating systems. The CompTIA A+ course provides students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary for a career in PC support. The course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ 220-801 and 220-802 certification exams. Course topics include installation, configuration, preventative maintenance of PC hardware components, and the basics of networking, security, virtualization, desktop imaging, and deployment. Students will also gain knowledge of diagnostic and troubleshooting processes for various types of technical issues.
At the conclusion of this program, students will be able to:
- Hardware: Identifying, using, and connecting hardware components, devices, and connectors
- Windows Operating System: Installing and supporting the Windows OS including command line and client support
- Software Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting PC, laptop, and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking: Understanding types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI, SOHO
- Hardware and Network Troubleshooting: Troubleshooting device and network issues
- Identifying and protecting against security vulnerabilities for devices and network connections
- Mobile Devices: Installing and configuring laptops and other mobile devices (wearable technology, fitness monitors, etc.) including cloud computing
- Other OS and Technologies: Understanding the Mac OS, Linux, and mobile OS
- Operational Procedures: Following best practices for safety, environmental impacts, communication, and professionalism
There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
CompTIA A+ Core 1 (220-1001) & Core 2 (220-1002)
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here.
+ Are these courses associated with an accredited school?
These courses are offered by Texas A&M University Texarkana, in partnership with Job Training Courses (JTC). Texas A&M University-Texarkana is a regionally accredited institution and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
+ Are there available financial aids (FAFSA, Pell Grant, etc)?
We currently do not have support for federal or state grants. However, we offer zero interest payment plans for up to 12 months. Students can take advantage of these payment plans without worrying about credit check.
+ Can I verify if this is legitimate?
Yes. You may contact Texas A&M University - Texarkana directly. Please see the contact information below:
+ I'm located at a different state. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are in the country. Please note however that it is important for you to check state requirements to ensure that the program will be accepted in the state you will be employed in.
+ I'm located outside of the US. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are. However, please note that certain programs are only designed to be taken for employment within the United States. An example of this are the Healthcare programs.
+ If I cannot complete the program within the prescribed duration, what are my options?
We offer program extensions for a certain period at no extra cost. Please message us here to speak with one of our advisors.
Have more questions? Contact us here