This program prepares students for a role in supporting computer users by installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and managing computers, hardware, wired and wireless networks. Upon completing this course, students will be able to support the IT infrastructure through installing and configuring systems to secure applications, networks, and devices as well as perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques allowing end users to connect to the data they need in order to do their jobs regardless of the devices being used. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) and CompTIA Network+ Certification exams. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA A+ (Core 1 and Core 2) and CompTIA Network+ Certification exams. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Hardware: Identify, use, and connect hardware components and devices
- Software Troubleshooting: Troubleshoot PC and mobile device issues including application security support
- Networking: Understand types of networks and connections including TCP/IP, WIFI, and SOHO
- Mobile Devices: Install and configure laptops and other mobile devices
- Other OS and Technologies: Understand the Mac OS, Linux, and mobile OS
- Networking Concepts: Understand the purpose of a variety of networking concepts and implement them appropriately
- Infrastructure: Determine the appropriate cabling, device, and storage technologies for a given situation
- Network Operations: Use best practices to manage the network
- Network Security: Understand the common network attacks and securing wired and wireless networks
- Network Troubleshooting: Effectively implement network troubleshooting methodologies
Students who complete this program can sit for the following exams:
CompTIA A+ Core 1 Certification Exam (220-1001)
CompTIA A+ Core 2 Certification Exam (220-1002)-CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam (N10-007)
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here.
+ Are these courses associated with an accredited school?
These courses are offered by Texas A&M University Texarkana, in partnership with Job Training Courses (JTC). Texas A&M University-Texarkana is a regionally accredited institution and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
+ Are there available financial aids (FAFSA, Pell Grant, etc)?
We currently do not have support for federal or state grants. However, we offer zero interest payment plans for up to 12 months. Students can take advantage of these payment plans without worrying about credit check.
+ Can I verify if this is legitimate?
Yes. You may contact Texas A&M University - Texarkana directly. Please see the contact information below:
+ I'm located at a different state. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are in the country. Please note however that it is important for you to check state requirements to ensure that the program will be accepted in the state you will be employed in.
+ I'm located outside of the US. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are. However, please note that certain programs are only designed to be taken for employment within the United States. An example of this are the Healthcare programs.
+ If I cannot complete the program within the prescribed duration, what are my options?
We offer program extensions for a certain period at no extra cost. Please message us here to speak with one of our advisors.
Have more questions? Contact us here