Computer Security Technician (CompTIA Security+ and Network+)
The Computer Security Technician course provides students with the basic knowledge and skills necessary to become an IT security professional. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA Security+ certification exam. Students will gain the knowledge and skills necessary to provide information security for infrastructure, applications, and operations while being able to identify risks and understand risk mitigation activities. They will also acquire the knowledge necessary to apply security controls to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability, and identify appropriate technologies and products. In addition, students learn to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate, and configure basic network infrastructure as well as describe networking technologies, understand basic design principles, adhere to wiring standards, and use testing tools. This course is designed to fully prepare students to sit for and pass the CompTIA Security+ and CompTIA Network+ Certification exams.
The purpose of this program is to prepare students to support the IT infrastructure through installing and configuring systems to secure applications, networks, and devices as well as perform threat analysis and respond with appropriate mitigation techniques. It also prepares students to students learn to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate, and configure basic network infrastructure as well as describe networking technologies, understand basic design principles, adhere to wiring standards, and use testing tools. Students are eligible for an optional externship with a local employer after successful course completion.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Design, implement, configure, manage, and maintain networks and network devices
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Identify strategies developed by cyber adversaries to attack networks and hosts and the countermeasures deployed to defend against them
- Apply the principles of organizational security and the elements of effective security policies
- Apply the technologies and uses of cryptographic standards and products
- Install and configure network- and host-based security technologies
- Enforce wireless and remote access security
- Apply the standards and products used to enforce security on web and communications technologies
- Implement strategies for ensuring business continuity, fault tolerance, and disaster recovery
- Identify application and coding vulnerabilities and the development and deployment methods designed to mitigate them
- Communicate effectively and professionally
Students who complete this program can sit for the following exams:
- CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam (SY0-501)
- CompTIA Network+ Certification Exam (N10-007)
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Army Credentialing Assistance
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program is a government-instituted training and education program that provides a grant of up to $4,000 to eligible soldiers. The grant can be used to enroll in more than 1,600 industry-recognized off-duty career-training certificate programs, licensure exams, and academic or vocational credentials, and even re-certification. It was first made available in October 1, 2019 to the Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Carson, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, and JBLM bases. As of January 1, 2020, the program is available to all installations.
To see if you qualify, email us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner. Click here for a complete list.