- An introduction to Project Management
- Knowledge areas pertaining to project management
- Process groups in project management
- The flow of project Management processes across the project management lifecycle
- Concept of risks in project and program level
- Different perspectives of risks at multiple organizational levels
- Critical success factors for good risk management
- Context of risk management in projects
- Stakeholder risk attitudes
- Project manager’s role in risk identification and communication
- Project risk management processes
- Critical success factors for ‘Plan Risk Management’ process
- Complying with organizational risk management standards
- Risk planning meetings
- Diverse tools used for risk identification – including brainstorming, SWOT analysis, use of checklists etc
- Application of Delphi and force field techniques
- Risk breakdown structure – Risk taxonomy
- Distinction between - risk cause, risk event and risk effect
- Risk register documentation
- Communicating the risks to various stakeholders
- Performing qualitative risk analysis
- Collecting high quality information about risks
- Probability / Impact/ Proximity analysis
- Difference between qualitative and quantitative risk analysis
- Use of various statistical distributions for quantitative modeling of risks – including normal, triangular and beta distributions
- Overall project risks derived from individual risks
- Calculating the risk priority number and the overall risk exposure
- Determining contingency reserves for the project
- Change in project plan due to application of risk responses
- Documenting the planned risk responses
- Risk audits and reserve analysis
- Re assessment of risks and risk register updates
- Integrating risk governance with organizational governance
Education and National Certifications
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma orGED.
- Students who complete this program will be eligible to sit for the PMI-RMP Exam
Upon successful completion of this Texas A&M University -Texarkana Project Management Specialist for CAPM program, students will be prepared to sit for the Project Management Institute (PMI®) Program Management Professional (PgMP®) exam. Students who complete this program at Texas A&M University -Texarkanawill be prepared and are eligible to sit for this national certification exam. Students who complete this program are encouraged to complete the externship option with their program. Texas A&M University -Texarkana works with each student to complete the exam application and register the student to take their national certification exam.
+ Are these courses associated with an accredited school?
These courses are offered by Texas A&M University Texarkana, in partnership with Job Training Courses (JTC). Texas A&M University-Texarkana is a regionally accredited institution and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
+ Are there available financial aids (FAFSA, Pell Grant, etc)?
We currently do not have support for federal or state grants. However, we offer zero interest payment plans for up to 12 months. Students can take advantage of these payment plans without worrying about credit check.
+ Can I verify if this is legitimate?
Yes. You may contact Texas A&M University - Texarkana directly. Please see the contact information below:
+ I'm located at a different state. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are in the country. Please note however that it is important for you to check state requirements to ensure that the program will be accepted in the state you will be employed in.
+ I'm located outside of the US. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are. However, please note that certain programs are only designed to be taken for employment within the United States. An example of this are the Healthcare programs.
+ If I cannot complete the program within the prescribed duration, what are my options?
We offer program extensions for a certain period at no extra cost. Please message us here to speak with one of our advisors.
Have more questions? Contact us here