Whether working on an academic research paper or undertaking a project at work, students and professionals at all levels require an understanding of the most effective research methods available. Effective research allows you to pursue your interests in greater depth, find out more information about a particular subject, learn something new, hone problem solving skills and really push your critical thinking skills. Every field of study has their own research problems and methods, but the fundamental research skills necessary to undertake a project like this are consistent. Professionals in all areas of work must be prepared to take on a research project and have the fundamental skills to do so effectively and accurately.
The Research Specialist program takes students through the fundamentals of qualitative research from gathering data, developing surveys, and recording sources properly to thinking critically about your findings and challenging yourself to draw unexpected conclusions from your efforts. More often, the challenge to research is synthesizing your discoveries into written form – turning a collection of notes into a final expression or argument. This program will show learners how to get from start to finish on a research project through proven strategies alongside emerging trends in internet and digital research.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the fundamentals of qualitative research
- Design an original qualitative research question to draw valid conclusions about a socially relevant topic
- Gather data using an appropriate qualitative research method
- Develop an appropriate survey for collecting data
- Gather research data from indirect sources of data
- Synthesize research by writing a white paper
- Evaluate the methodology, evidence, and conclusions of others’ research by following a scientific research methodology
- Analyze the challenges and ethical issues in social research
- Enhance your research skills by using the Internet in an effective and efficient manner
- Examine the emerging technical trends in the field of descriptive research
- Use Microsoft Office®
Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED. There is National Certification exam that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- National Workforce Career Association (NWCA) Research (RSCH)
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here
- MyCAA for Eligible US Military Spouses
MyCAA is a $4000 education grant for spouses of service members on active duty in paygrades E1-E5, W1-W2, O1-O2. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and Reserves in the same paygrades, in title 10 orders, are also eligible.
MyCAA covers: tuition, externship and national certification exam vouchers
Our university partners provide, as job aids, at no extra cost: books / workbooks, laptop, mentor support, 12 mos subscription to CampusEd, job placement assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Army Credentialing Assistance
The Army Credentialing Assistance (CA) program is a government-instituted training and education program that provides a grant of up to $4,000 to eligible soldiers. The grant can be used to enroll in more than 1,600 industry-recognized off-duty career-training certificate programs, licensure exams, and academic or vocational credentials, and even re-certification. It was first made available in October 1, 2019 to the Fort Hood, Fort Campbell, Fort Carson, Fort Drum, Fort Riley, and JBLM bases. As of January 1, 2020, the program is available to all installations.
To see if you qualify, email us here
Grants (Non Military)
- Workforce Grant
We have partnered with private institutions to provide assistance to qualified students. The Workforce Grant is in place to help reinvigorate the workforce amidst the ongoing pandemic. If qualified, a student may receive up to 50% of tuition assistance.
To see if you qualify, message us here
- Zero Interest Monthly Payment Plans
Payment plans are available for any student at zero interest. This option is available for every university partner. Click here for a complete list.
See where this program is available
No Grant options for this school yet.