Project Management Professionals have a firm understanding of the basic competencies involved in management and oversight, including areas such as effective time management, managing multiple projects simultaneously, scope and estimation of project undertaking and devising a detailed project plan alongside project risk and cost analysis. The program includes training and exam preparation for students to become a Project Management Professional (PMP®) as designated by the Project Management Institute. The PMP® is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Globally recognized and demanded, the PMP® demonstrates that individuals have the experience, education and competency to lead and direct people and helps individuals to stand out to employers and maximize their earning potential overall
This program builds successful project managers at all levels of an organization. It provides a comprehensive preparation for the PMP® certification exam including exam-taking tips, 25 comprehensive module quizzes, five process group tests, and two full-length, 200-question practice exams covering the areas of interest from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide), which will provide a report to help you determine your areas of weakness.
After completing this program, learners will be able to:
- Recognize how enterprise environmental factors and organizational process assets affect how projects can be managed
- Explain the five stages of a project life cycle and illustrate how these stages can overlap in time
- Demonstrate how to create a project management plan with subsidiary plans for each of the knowledge areas and explain how progressive elaboration and integrated change management can keep these documents effective and relevant
- Explain the overlapping nature of project activities and practice Project Integration Management to coordinate the various project management processes
- Illustrate how a project's various baselines (including scope, cost, schedule, quality, risk, procurement, and others) are determined, planned for, and managed
- Recognize how to effectively manage human resources and communicate with all stakeholders
- Explain the key methods used to estimate project schedule and cost at the beginning of a project and to forecast cost and schedule variances at any time during the project
- Identify key project stakeholders and continuously engage them in appropriate project activities
- Describe how the project management knowledge contained in the PMBOK® Guide can be used in practice
- Use Microsoft Office®
Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED. There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PgMP®) Certification
Note: Inclusion of National Certification exam vouchers vary from school and payment / finance method. To check if they are included, you may message any of our advisors through any of our available channels here.
+ Are these courses associated with an accredited school?
These courses are offered by Texas A&M University Texarkana, in partnership with Job Training Courses (JTC). Texas A&M University-Texarkana is a regionally accredited institution and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
+ Are there available financial aids (FAFSA, Pell Grant, etc)?
We currently do not have support for federal or state grants. However, we offer zero interest payment plans for up to 12 months. Students can take advantage of these payment plans without worrying about credit check.
+ Can I verify if this is legitimate?
Yes. You may contact Texas A&M University - Texarkana directly. Please see the contact information below:
+ I'm located at a different state. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are in the country. Please note however that it is important for you to check state requirements to ensure that the program will be accepted in the state you will be employed in.
+ I'm located outside of the US. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are. However, please note that certain programs are only designed to be taken for employment within the United States. An example of this are the Healthcare programs.
+ If I cannot complete the program within the prescribed duration, what are my options?
We offer program extensions for a certain period at no extra cost. Please message us here to speak with one of our advisors.
Have more questions? Contact us here