LEED Green Associate (GA)
In this program, Learners will be introduced the components of building construction. This course will examine the five types of NFPA classifications for building construction. Loads, structural components, and how fire and other emergencies impact building design and construction will be explored. The components of building systems, their effects on building design and construction, and how structures act under fire and other emergency situations will be examined as well.
LEED Green Associate (GA)Program
This self-paced course introduces key concepts and terms to prepare learners to earn their Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED®)Green Associate v4™ accreditation. The course is divided into modules that explain LEED® process, LEED® certification, and the knowledge domains associated with the seven LEED® rating systems, in a simple and straightforward way that can be quickly and easily understood.
Throughout the course, comprehension and understanding of important topics will be tested through challenging exercises and interactive games. Quizzes and tests will also be employed to ensure that learners have a clear grasp of the critical details they'll need to know as LEED Green Associates™.
- Explain the importance of building construction as it relates to firefighter safety
- Analyze the properties of construction materials
- Analyze parts of a building plan
- Distinguish buildings by NFPA Classification
- Analyze building systems contained in building structures
- Analyze the mechanisms for building collapse
- Analyze the effect of fire loads and behavior on building structure fires
- Explainspecial considerations for fire safety in building construction
- Analyze green technology in building construction
- Understand the structure and requirements of the LEED Green Associate™ Exam
- Explain and apply the key concepts found in the LEED® rating systems
- Differentiate green building practices and their associated environmental, economic, and socialbenefits
- Begin your preparation to earn your LEED Green Associate™ accreditation with confidence
Education and National Certifications
- Students should have or be pursuing a high school diploma or GED.
- There are several National Certification exams that are available to students who successfully complete this program:
- US Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED® Green Associate (GA)
Upon successful completion of this Texas A&M University - Texarkana (TAMUT) program, students would be eligible to sit for the US Green Building Council (USGBC) LEED® Green Associate(GA)exam. Students who complete this program at Texas A&M University - Texarkana (TAMUT) will be prepared and are eligible to sit for the national certification exams. Students who complete this program are encouraged to complete the externship option with their program. Students who complete this program can and do sit for the national certification exams and are qualified, eligible and prepared to do so.
+ Are these courses associated with an accredited school?
These courses are offered by Texas A&M University Texarkana, in partnership with Job Training Courses (JTC). Texas A&M University-Texarkana is a regionally accredited institution and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
+ Are there available financial aids (FAFSA, Pell Grant, etc)?
We currently do not have support for federal or state grants. However, we offer zero interest payment plans for up to 12 months. Students can take advantage of these payment plans without worrying about credit check.
+ Can I verify if this is legitimate?
Yes. You may contact Texas A&M University - Texarkana directly. Please see the contact information below:
+ I'm located at a different state. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are in the country. Please note however that it is important for you to check state requirements to ensure that the program will be accepted in the state you will be employed in.
+ I'm located outside of the US. Can I take this program?
Yes. These programs are designed to be portable and accessible wherever you are. However, please note that certain programs are only designed to be taken for employment within the United States. An example of this are the Healthcare programs.
+ If I cannot complete the program within the prescribed duration, what are my options?
We offer program extensions for a certain period at no extra cost. Please message us here to speak with one of our advisors.
Have more questions? Contact us here